Carthage R-9

Example Zoom search template page
Search for: Results per page:

Match: any search words all search words

P 2510 Grade Placement for Transfer Students

All students entering the District from other educational settings are required to submit evidence of their achievement in the last grade attended. Grade placement of a student may be adjusted on the basis of examination of the student's previous record, achievement tests administered, or other factors which the principal and staff believe are appropriate under the circumstances. A transcript of all entering secondary school students is required before enrollment can be completed. However, a student may be permitted to enroll temporarily until a full transcript is obtained.

Transfers from Unaccredited Schools

Parents/guardians should be advised that if they choose to transfer their student to the public school from an unaccredited school, the student will not be guaranteed comparable placement in the public schools. Students transferring will be assigned an appropriate grade level and class assignment based on their educational and developmental level as determined by the principal through assessment of student's age, educational experience, achievement tests and consultation with parent/guardian and personnel from the student's former school.

Furthermore, a student transferring from a school that is not accredited must be enrolled for two (2) complete semesters and earn at least five (5) units of credit to provide adequate time for evaluation, before credits earned from the unaccredited school may be accepted to meet graduation requirements.

A maximum of seven (7) units of credit may be accepted from unaccredited schools for any academic year, including summer school and correspondence courses.

Board Approved Date: July 2003
Last Updated: July 2003