Monroe City R-I
Example Zoom search template page
R 1405 Parent/Family Involvement in Education
In order to implement the Board's commitment to parent/family involvement in students' education, the District has implemented an educational involvement plan with the following features:
- Regular two way communication between school and parents/families. Such communication will include but not be limited to scheduled parent visits to school, electronic communication, use of translators, parent volunteers, and other programs recommended by the Parent/Family Involvement Committee.
- Assist parents in developing positive, productive parenting skills, as well as positive productive means of interacting with District administrators and staff.
- Provide professional development opportunities for District staff to facilitate productive parent/school involvement in promoting education of District students.
- Involve parents in meaningful activities to enhance student learning.
- Enhance opportunities for parents/families to visit schools in a safe and open atmosphere. Such opportunities will include, but are not limited to, identifying roles for parent volunteers, providing training for volunteers and provision of family activities at school.
- Affirmatively involve parents in school decisions which affect their children.
- Utilize community resources to promote and strengthen school programs, family practices, and student learning.