Monroe City R-I
Example Zoom search template page
R 1460 Community Involvement in Decision-Making
As elected officials, members of the Board of Education will be open to input from members of the community. While accountable to the Electorate of the District, Board members will act in what they believe is in the best interest of District students given existing finances and circumstances of the District.
As required by State or Federal Law or Regulations the Superintendent or designated representative shall:
- Solicit parents' suggestions in the planning, development, and operation of programs.
- Consult with parents about how the school can work with parents to achieve the program's objectives.
- Provide to parents timely information concerning program evaluations.
- Facilitate willing participation by parents in program activities.
- Provide timely responses to parents' recommendations.
- Establish parent advisory councils as needed.
- Inform parents concerning the selection of students for programs, objectives for the child, the child's progress, advice on ways parents may help the child, and provide when possible materials to help parents assist their children in special programs.