Monroe City R-I
Example Zoom search template page
R 2940 Student Group Use of School Facilities
Secondary schools will provide an opportunity for student-initiated noncurricular groups to meet on school premises during noninstructional time when the following criteria have been met:
- A meeting must be voluntary and student-initiated. No student shall be in any way coerced to participate in religious or other activity. Teachers and school administrators, when acting within the course and scope of their employment, will strictly observe a policy of official neutrality regarding religious activity.
- No school employee may sponsor, promote, lead, or participate in any student-initiated, noncurricular meeting. However, a teacher, administrator, or other school employee may be assigned to monitor the group's facility use and student conduct.
- Employees and agents of the school may be present at student-initiated religious meetings only in a nonparticipatory capacity.
- The meeting does not materially and substantially interfere with the orderly conduct of educational activities within the school.
- Nonschool persons may not direct, conduct, control, or regularly attend the meetings of a student-initiated, noncurricular group.